VS2005 with x64 windows. Version 3.1

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by J Kramer
Has any body had problems with the combination of VS2005 and x64 windows?

I am getting the dialog indicating that I have a eval licensing dialog while compiling a project under VS2005 and Windows x64. On the same machine with VS2003 I don't get the problem (Indicating I do have a license). Others in my group using VS2005 and Windows x32 don't have the same problem.

Comments (3)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi there, yes there is a known issue with x64 Windows. We use InstallShield for the installer and there is a problem where it won't make registry entries on x64 machines. As soon as we finish UIStudio 2.0, we're going to either upgrade our installer software to a new version that supports x64 or use a custom install solution that we've been playing with recently.

If you send us an email (which it looks like you did), we can reply with how to get it working on your x64 box.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by tongyi

Hi support,

I am facing similar issue where I get the eval license dialog when I compile and run my application using vs2013 with the target platform set to x64. It works fine if my target platform is set to AnyCpu. I am using SyntaxEdition version 3.0.183.0. Thanks.

[Modified 8 years ago]

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

This is the same issue since SyntaxEditor 3.0 in x64 mode didn't know how to look in the 32-bit portion of the registry where license info is placed by the installer.  Newer versions of SyntaxEditor are able to handle it.  You could upgrade to a newer version or you could write our support address and we'll tell you how to get the v3.0 license info moved to a place where x64 can find it.  If you write our support address, please reference this thread in your email.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.