DockSiteLayoutSerializer and floating toolwindow problem

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 11.2.0545
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
I have a presentation that at runtime starts a second application (exe) one that has a actipro ribbonwindow with a docking/mdi area.

In this area is a toolwindow that can be set to floating by the user.
When the user does this, and closes the application, and opens it again (through the other application that is)

Than the toolwindow is still floating, but has no parent. It is floating and is positioned behind my application, if I reposition it in the docking area, and set it to floating again, than it knows the parent and behaves that way

In the loading process of the application next lines are used to load the layout.

Dim v As New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Serialization.DockSiteLayoutSerializer
v.LoadFromString(Source, DockingPresentationSite)

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Arthur,

If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.