How to block the floating for docking window.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 11.2.0552

Hi,

Can i block the FLOATING for the dockable window and DOCKING  for that dockable window should  be easily done.

When user float the window means user will pick the window and move the window and release the mouse to the position where the user wants to float.

So when the user release the mouse that window should be displayed at the same position from where it was picked instead of floating the window.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

There are several properties available that control what the user can and can't do. You can configure these settings globally on the Docksite (i.e. CanToolWindowsRaft) or on specified DocumentWindows/ToolWindows (i.e. CanRaft).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

Thanks .

But its works only in case of the simple docking application.Iam facing two problems while doing block the FLOATING for the dockable window and DOCKING for that dockable window should be easily done.

Problem 1.

Only applying the CanToolWindowsRaft inside the docksite.But if my single docksite consists of the two dockable windows and i want the only  floating behaviour(DOCKING not allowed for this window ) for the first window  and only docking behaviour(floating not allowed for this window) for the second window.

For example i have toolwindow 1 and toolwindow2 inside docksite1 and toolwindow1 should be easily float but not  docked and toolwindow2 should be easily docked but not float.

Problem 2.

If i am registering the usercontrols as the dockable windows with the help of the prism integration then how to block the FLOATING for the dockable window and DOCKING for that dockable window should be easily done..

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

1. Yes, in those cases you would need to set the properties on the DockingWindow itself. As I mention above, DocumentWindows/ToolWindows both have a CanRaft property and like properties for docking.

2. You can expose properties, such as CanRaft, on your view or view model and bind those to the DocumentWindow/ToolWindow CanRaft prope

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.