Floating window after restart application problem

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 11.2.0553
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a ribbon docking window application.

inside is a toolwindow that is set to float.

After that i stop the application and use the DockSiteLayoutSerializer to save the layout structure.

Next i start the application and load the layoutstructure with the DockSiteLayoutSerializer

What happens is that the floating window is behind my application. Looks like the owner of the toolwindow is not set.
If i than close and open the toolwindow (or dock and float again), it is again working as expected.

I wanted to add load/save code to the ribbonwindow with docking demo from the actipro example, but am not able to show the code behind the xaml window (also a bug?)???

EXAMPLE:

put in the closing of the ribbonwindow with docking demo this code:

Dim Layout As String = New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Serialization.DockSiteLayoutSerializer().SaveToString(dockSite)
'save the layout to disk

And in the load of the same window:

'Load the layout from disk
Dim v As New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Serialization.DockSiteLayoutSerializer

v.LoadFromString(Layout, DockSite)

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Arthur,

There is no code-behind file for the RibbonWindow with Docking document, as that sample does not require one. I added the code you show to that sample (after adding a code behind file and giving names to the ToolWindows) and it appears to work correctly.

If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.