ThemedDataGrid and WPFToolkit's DataGrid vs. .NET 4.0 Datagrid

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Mick
Version: 11.2.0554

ThemedDataGrid inherits from the WPF Datagrid found in the WPFToolkit.dll.

Since MS released a similar (yet not identical) Datagrid with their .NET 4.0 release, is there any plan to remove the dependency on the WPFToolkit version? I understand that not everyone runs on .NET 4.0, but the internet seems to think that MS is abandoning WPFToolkit (and that it's pretty buggy), and it seems like just a placeholder until the .NET framework catches up.

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mick,

Yes indeed.  The problem right now is that we currently target .NET 3.5 SP1 so we can't point to the .NET 4.0 one.  That being said, we announced a little while ago in our blog that the upcoming 2012.1 version moves our minimum requirements to .NET 4.0 and as such, we've already updated it to use the .NET 4.0 native one instead of the WPFToolkit one.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mick,

Also, our ThemedDataGrid is open sourced and available on CodePlex, so you can take our project and retarget it for .NET 4.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Lestyan Jozsef

Hi!

I have a problem. I would like to use the themeddatagrid control. I want show in this control a collection (LINQ or ObservableCollection) but I can not.

Where I can find an example?

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, our control simply inherits the native WPF DataGrid with some theming extensions.  If you search the web for information how to use the native WPF DataGrid or post in Microsoft's forums, you should be able to get further assistance on how to do data binding.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.