A major new version of WPF Studio is now available. This version adds a new Micro Charts product, SyntaxEditor code snippets features, and other minor enhancements. The minimum target framework is now .NET 4.0. The DataGrid add-on has been updated to use the native .NET 4.0 DataGrid, and the Prism integration add-on has been updated to use Prism v4.1.
Detailed Update List
- Converted the DataGrid add-on to use the native .NET 4.0 DataGrid.
- Updated the New Row Customization QuickStart to work with .NET 4.0 DataGrid.
- Updated Prism integration to be based on Prism v4.1.
- Fixed a bug where the default foreground of docking window child controls might not be set properly following a theme change.
- First product release.
- Updated UITypeEditorControl to commit user values before showing associated dialog or drop-down.
- Added a StackPanel.HorizontalContentAlignment property that allows items to be the same width when Stretch is specified and in a vertical layout.
- Fixed an unhandled exception when cloning a control that has a read-only collection exposed publicly.
- Added IntelliPrompt code snippet functionality.
- Added IHighlightingStyle.BorderStyle, BorderBrush, BorderCornerStyle, and IsBorderEditable properties, which add border display support for highlighting styles.
- BREAK: Updated the current line highlight feature to base its border on the DisplayItemClassificationTypes.CurrentLine style's BorderBrush instead of Background.
- Updated the current line highlight feature to support a background via the DisplayItemClassificationTypes.CurrentLine style.
- Updated the TextStylePreview control to render borders, if they are set on an IHighlightingStyle.
- Updated the Highlighting Style Viewer QuickStart to include the ability to set borders on styles that allow it.
- Updated the Highlight Word Adornments QuickStart to show the new highlighting style border feature.
- Added the IOutliningManager.RemoveAllManualNodes method and updated the Stop Outlining command to clear all nodes when in manual mode.
- Updated TextViewTagAggregator to monitor for services added to or removed from the current language.
- Updated visible whitespace to render for all Unicode whitespace characters.
- Fixed a bug with zero-length find all matches.
- Fixed a bug when rendering visible whitespace in .NET 4.0.
- Fixed a bug where the current line highlight might remain visible when its view line was scrolled off the screen.
- Fixed a bug where collapsed node adornments appeared in printer views.
- Improved the handling of various drag/drop effects.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added available code snippets to the Ctrl+Space completion list.
- Added the ITypeMemberDefinition.IsImplicitDefaultConstructor property.
- Improved the VB context factory.
About WPF Studio
WPF Studio / WPF Essentials Licensing
You can purchase our WPF controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the WPF Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves over 60% over purchasing all the WPF controls individually.
The WPF Essential bundle saves over 45% over purchasing its bundled controls separately.
That's some incredible savings!
WPF Studio Benefits
All WPF control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
In addition, if you own a WPF Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new WPF control products added to WPF Studio that come out within your year period. This benefit does not apply to WPF Essentials customers.
You can give all our lastest WPF control products a spin right in your browser as long as you have .NET 4.0 installed. Just follow the steps on this page to see live demos:
Download an Evaluation
You can download an evaluation of all our WPF controls from this page:
Upgrade to WPF Studio
Contact our sales team for information on discounted pricing for upgrading from one of our older WPF control product licenses to a license for WPF Studio, WPF Essentials, or a new version of a WPF control product.
Free Upgrades to 2012.1 If you own an older WPF Studio version or one of its products and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support