Blcok the doccking of the toolwindow.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi,

Can i block docking functionality for the toolwindow ?

Means if i have three toolwindows in the single docksite and i can float any of the toolwindows form that docksite and I should not be able to dock any tool window into any other toolwindow but that toolwindow should be float and then doubleclick the toolwindow it will automatically reset to the docksite.

ForExample.

<docking:DockSite x:Name="DOCKSITE1">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow>

<docking:DockSite>

<docking:SplitContainer Orientation="Horizontal">

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow x:Name="TW1" Title="aas"></docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow x:Name="TW2" Title="fdfdf"></docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>

<docking:ToolWindowContainer><docking:ToolWindow x:Name="TW3" Title="dddd"></docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>

</docking:SplitContainer>

</docking:DockSite>

</docking:ToolWindow></docking:ToolWindowContainer>

</docking:DockSite> 

Above sample consist of BaseToolwindow and its three child toolwindows named tw1,tw2,tw3 respectively.

If i float any of the child toolwindow from the base toolwindow and then double click the floated toolwindow it will repositioned to the Basetoolwindow.

if i float the entire BaseToolWindow and the float any of the child toolwindow and then double click the floated child toolwindow and then double click the floated Its readjusting to the base toolwindow.

But the problem is above functionlaities should work but docking for any of the toolwindow should not work means i should not be able to dock any of the toolwindow into any toolwindow.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

Yes you can prevent docking and attaching via some of the DockSite properties that are described in the documentation topic "Docking & MDI Docking Window Features / Docking Window Capabilities."  Please take a look at that for details.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.