How can ToolWindows, within a DocumentWindow, be maximized and minimized?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 12.1.0562

Hello,

I have a DockSite that's using DocumentItemsSource to create a tabbed MDI layout. Within each DocumentWindow is an inner DockSite with the following layout:

<apdock:DockSite>
            <apdock:SplitContainer>
                <apdock:Workspace>
                    <SyntaxEditor
                        />
                </apdock:Workspace>
                <apdock:ToolWindowContainer>
                    <apdock:ToolWindow 
                        Title="Bob"
                        >
			<ContentControl
                            />
                    </apdock:ToolWindow>
                </apdock:ToolWindowContainer>
            </apdock:SplitContainer>
        </apdock:DockSite>

I'd like my users to be able to maximize and minimize the docked ToolWindow within the DocumentWindow. For minimizing, I'm picturing the ToolWindow being docked to the bottom of the DocumentWindow, with its height as small as possible. For maximizing, I'm picturing the ToolWindow being docked to the top of the DocumentWindow, with its height as large as possible.

1. Can this approach be implemented programmatically?
  2. Is this approach the best way to solve the problem? Is there already built-in support for maximizing and minimizing an inner ToolWindow?

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Craig,

Sorry but we don't support that sort of maximization concept.  You can minimize by allowing auto-hide features though. 

For maximizing, you'd probably have to replace the entire DockSite with your tool window's content while in a "maximized" mode.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.