replace preview windowdragging behavior

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Robert Wilkinson - President, Seaconis Inc.
Version: 12.1.0562

Is there an api that wil lturn off the preview behavior of a window during dragging?  I need to use one window as a 'Magnifier' window for another.  To do this I need to be able to move the mag window over the base window while hiding its contents to see the map on the window below.  Once ethe mag window is positioned its contents are updated to be a scaled version located by the positioning against the lower window.  I can use dockSite.WindowDragged and WindowDragging to get at the events, but cannot control the dragging preview behavior.  I need to replace your behavior with my own.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry but I don't believe we support any sort of customization of that process.  You may be better off dragging some control within a tool window instead of trying to intercept dragging events for the tool window itself.  Besides, there are cases such as when multiple tool windows are within a rafting window being dragged, when the WindowDragging/ed events are fired for a set of windows instead of just the one.  So by using a separate control that you drag, it would help with issues due to the multiple windows being dragged scenario too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.