Error adding XmlSyntaxLanguage to Form

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Steve Marinelli
Version: 12.1.0302
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)

I just recently purchased a license for the web languages add-on and am receiving an exception when I try to run my application after I added it to my form.

The line I am receiving the exception on is in the InitializeComponent method:

this.xmlSyntaxLanguage1 = new ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Xml.XmlSyntaxLanguage(this.components);

Here is the exception info:

System.InvalidCastException was unhandled
  Message=Specified cast is not valid.
  Source=ActiproSoftware.Shared.WinForms
  StackTrace:
       at #PAb.#Rqe.#C5d()
       at #PAb.#Rqe..ctor(ActiproLicense license)
       at ActiproSoftware.Products.AssemblyInfo.ShowLicenseWindow(ActiproLicense license)
       at ActiproSoftware.Products.ActiproLicenseProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions)
       at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey)
       at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license)
       at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type, Object instance)
       at ActiproSoftware.Products.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Xml.WebLanguagesAddonLicenseToken..ctor(Object owner)
       at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Xml.XmlSyntaxLanguage..ctor()
       at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.Xml.XmlSyntaxLanguage..ctor(IContainer container)
       at TestXmlSyntaxLanguage.Form1.InitializeComponent() in C:\Documents and Settings\u63527\My Documents\- Reporting Project\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\Form1.Designer.cs:line 34
       at TestXmlSyntaxLanguage.Form1..ctor() in C:\Documents and Settings\u63527\My Documents\- Reporting Project\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\Form1.cs:line 16
       at TestXmlSyntaxLanguage.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\u63527\My Documents\- Reporting Project\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\TestXmlSyntaxLanguage\Program.cs:line 18
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException: 

I had version .300 installed previously, tried un-installing and re-installing v. 302, but the error remains.

I created a .licx file and added it to my project, but it did not help.

Can someone shed any light on this problem?

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Steve Marinelli

Nevermind...I had re-copied my old product key by mistake after I made the upgrade. After re-installing with the new key, it works fine.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.