Dynamically load the same usercontrol as the multiple toolwindows in the same docksite.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,

How to Dynamically load the same usercontrol as the multiple toolwindows in the same docksite.

As i can easily load the usercontrol as the toolwindow in the application using the prism integration with docking.In it i am simple adding the Usercontrolviedwmodel to the docksite that will load the usercontrol as the toolwindow in thatb docksite..

But if Before loading the usercontrol as the toolwindow,i am reading the configuration file and if that configuration file tellls that i have to load the same usercontrol as the toolwindow n times that means n toolwindows should be there in the same docksite.

Suppose i have docksite named Docksite1 and usercontrol named SampleUsercontrol.

i read the configuratiion xml file and that tells the number of usercontrols or the usercontrol collection(collection of the SampleUserControl) will be loaded as the Toolwindows in the single dockiste named Docksite1.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

If you mean you want to do this without Prism integration, then you are looking for the MVVM feature support.  Please read through the documentation topic called "MVVM Features" and look at MVVM samples.  It allows you to use DockSite like an ItemsControl where you can give it a view model and you can create the tool window containers for each view model item.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.