Is there a way of hiding DockingWindows instead of closing

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by michael keller
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi there,

I have an application which has many dockingwindows open for one selection in a treeview. Lets say for the selected element A I have 20 open dockingwindows and now select element B which also has 20 open windows that "belong" to this element.

I am closing all 20 windows that belong to element A and open all 20 windows that belong to the now selected element B.

This takes quite a long time since all the layouting has to be done.

Now my question: Is there a way to hide those not needed (for now) windows so that I can show them as soon as the corresponding element gets selected (to avoid the closing/opening actions). 

Regards, Michael

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry but the only option is to close them.  Are you loading/saving a separate docking window layout for each treeview element?  That may be the most efficient way to open/close the docking windows.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you! I will try that!

I tried that, the problem is now that I only want the DockingDocumentWindows to be serialized not the ToolWindows etc.

But the DockSiteLayoutSerializer gives me no option to only serialize these windows. Can I customize this behaviour?

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

Yes, please take a look at the "Layout Serialization" documentation topic as it tells you how to alter the layout serialization to include documents.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.