Register the multiple usercontrols as the toolwindows of same width in the single docksite.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,

QUESTION1

How to register the multiple usercontrols as the toolwindows of same width in the single docksite ?

I am able to register the multiple usercontrols as the toolwindows with in the single docksite but these toolwindows of same width are not coming using the belowed code.These toolwindows are coming in the single docksite but of different width.

Suppose i have docksite named docksite1 and it should have 5 toolwindows of same width and these toolwidnows are loaded as alligned horizontally to each other in a row.

i am using the belowed code but its not working.

DockSite.SetControlSize(toolWindow, newSize(110,35));

the above code for registering the toolwindows of the fixed width.

QUESTION 2 :

If i register the multiple usercontrols as the toolwindow with in the single docksite the docking splitter will come between the toolwindows then how to disable or hide the docking splitter between the toolwindows of the same docksite.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

1) You may run into trouble getting them all the same size that way when you have that many.  But after they are docked, if you grab the containing SplitContainer, you can call its ResizeSlots method.  That will do what you want.  It's described in the "Programmatic Layout" documentation topic.

2) You asked this same question in another thread so please refer to that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal

Hi,

Questino1: Thanks alot ,As i am able to programatically call the ResizeSlots() method on the  splitContainer( ) of the docksite. 

But Is there any method  in the Reverse functionality of the above which means like(UnResizeSlots()).

Question2: How to use the MinimumSlots() for the childern of various controls like SplitContainer ?  

Question 3: Can i programatically set the DockedDirection of the toolwindow..?

Suppose there are two toolwindows named toolwindow1 and toolwindow2 and toolwindow2 is docked at the right of the toolwindow1 using toolwindow2.Dock(toolwindow1,Direction.Right).

I want to progrmatically set the docked Direction of the toolwindow2 with respect to toolwindow1 .

Question4: How to Drag the TitleBar less Toolwidnow ?

[Modified 12 years ago]

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

1) You may be able to look at the DockSite.ControlSize attached property on each object and then use ResizeSlots to make the slots relative to those sizes.  I'm not sure offhand if the ControlSizes update when ResizeSlots is called.  But I believe they do update one the user resizes via a splitter.  So you'd effectively lose this ability if a splitter is used.

2) The minimum slot size comes from the DockSite.MinimumSlot properly.  It is a global setting and there is no way to set it for specific tool windows.

3) You can call Dock method again in the same form you used in the question but with a different direction.

4) This is described in the Docking Window Capabilities documentation topic.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.