Aero Snap for Tool Windows

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Phil Devaney
Version: 11.2.0522

Hi,

It seems that when you float a DockingWindow it doesn't work with Aero Snap i.e. when you drag close to edge of the screen, or press Win+Left or Win+Right. Visual Studio 2010's floating windows work OK. I did some investigation with Spy++ and it appears to be the WS_THICKFRAME window style that controls this behavior - I confirmed this by modifying the style of a DockingWindow with FindWindow/SetWindowLong and Aero Snap started working, but I don't know if this will have any unexpected side effects. Are there any plans to fix this?

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately since we have a custom chrome for the window that hosts rafted tool windows, WPF turns off the Windows API style for frames and prevents Aero snap from working.  The Windows API-based frame isn't desirable since we already have a custom border there.

That being said, we have been working on a WindowChrome class (its first iteration is now available in 2012.2) that allows for custom chromes and still support Aero snap.  At the moment, it's only for use with Metro-like windows.  We need to continue working on it so that it can properly support other themes and glass.  Once we have that functional, we hope to use it throughout our products such as with rafted tool windows, RibbonWindow, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Gregor Valentin

Hi,

ist this feature now available? How to activate it with the current release?

Kind regards,

Gregor Valentin

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gregor,

We support it in everything (RibbonWindow and other normal Windows that use our WindowChrome) now except the rafted docking windows.  Adding to rafted docking windows is still something on the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.