Collapsible Buttons Within Custom Toolwindow Header

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0545

Hi

I am using a custom header for each toolwindow I present to the user - this is created programatically.

What I have done is set a grid with a column for each button/content (Icon/Title/Close Button/etc) I want to see in the header - I then set this grid to be the content of the header.

All is fine.... however the issue I am now trying to solve is that when I reduce the width of the toolwindow,  the buttons (the grid/buttons are right justified) disappear as they cant fit the width of the window. I now have quite a few windows docked and I have them all set to inner-fill.

Can you recommend an object within actipro that I could use (perhaps a ribbon bar element if it was possible to reuse in the toolwindow header) that would be able to allow the buttons to be displayed perhaps in a list or dropdown, once the toolwindow became too small. Again I am not too sure if this is possible - I see something like this demonstrated in Visual Studio, where a 'down arrow' is presented once a window can no longer fit buttons across it and the buttons are displayed below the header bar.

PS I am also doing all of this programatically.

Thanks,

Bret

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

There is an option on DockSite that controls how tabs for tool window are made visible in overflow scenarios.  That may be interesting to you since there are numerous options.  You can see them in action in our main Features demo if you show the DockSite Options tool window and scroll down to "Tab overflow behavior".  Change those options to see different layout logic.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.