Unwanted DragDrop behavior

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Alan McCormick
Version: 12.2.0571

Hello!

I have an application that is using the Docking library through the Prism Integration open source library. In my application, the user has the ability to drag and drop items from one tabbed document window to another. During a drag operation, when the user drags over a tab from your docking library the tab automatically switches. This is great!

However, if I drop the item ontop the tab heading, the DragDropEffects.that is returned from my DragDrop.DoDragDrop call returns DragDropEffects.Move (which is an effect I allowed). The move operation was only supposed to be allowed when dragged to a specific control on my document window. When the source of the drag operation detects "Move" was completed successfully, it removes the data from the display on the original document window. If I were dragging it to my destination control, it would also be added to the new control. However, since your document window tab is accepting a completed "Move" effect, my data gets removed from the source control and disappears completely.

Basically, I like the DragOver behavior, but how can I stop it from telling my application it completed a drag operation? It should just return DragEffects.None I think?

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alan,

Sorry but I'm not seeing text moving (getting lost) with a simple TextBox when testing dragging a selection over a tab and dropping it.  If you'd like us to look into it further, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email that to our support address so that we can debug it.  Rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked and reference this post.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.