Are rafting windows always on top?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Alan McCormick
Version: 12.2.0571

I have a tabbed multiple document interface. Users can raft windows. I'm getting complaints that rafted windows always are on top of the main window containing the tabs. Is there a way to allow rafted windows to be behind the main dock site window?

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alan,

That is correct because the rafting windows have their Window.Owner property set to the root window.  This allows them to minimize when the root window is minimized and to remain above it.

If you'd prefer to not have this behavior you can override DockSite.CreateRaftingWindow.  If the result of the base method call is a Window, clear its Owner property.  I believe that will do the trick.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, this helps but I have a follow up question..

If I set the owner to false, this allows me to use each window independently and tab to it. However, then I cannot minimize it because the rafted window's title bar has no minimize.

But. if I also set Window.WindowStyle = WindowStyle.SingleBorderWindow, then I get a normal window frame around the rafted window which includes a minimize.

But, now I basically have two title bars on the window. The first is the normal window's title bar and the second is the docking libraries title bar. Is there a way that I can add a "minmiize" button to the rafted window title bar so I can hide the other title bar again and still be able to minimize?

Actually, I think this answers that question

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/6154/force-tool-windows-not-to-minimize#22502

But, where do I find the default style for RaftingWindow?

Also, do you have good control, vector art, or some sort to make a good looking minimize button?

[Modified 11 years ago]

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Alan,

If you e-mail our support address, we can give you the Docking styles.  Actually it looks like you just did.  You should be able to find any glyphs for maximize, etc. in there too.  I'm not sure offhand if we have one for a tool window minimize button though, but it's just a rectangle so it's easy to make if not.

Actipro Software Support

Excellent, looking into it now. (got a reply)

[Modified 11 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.