Posted 11 years ago by Kasper
Version: 12.2.0571

Hi guys,

One of the last things I miss in the WPF version of SyntaxEditor, after you helped me with indicators, is SmartTags. It worked very well in SE for WinForms! Can you tell me when it will reach the WPF version? :)

Comments (4)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kasper,

Official indicator support (to wrap functionality we showed you in that sample) will be one of the things we work on next.  Smart tags is on the TODO list but we don't have a target date for that yet.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Matt Whitfield

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but this was 3 years ago - and the only evidence I can see of smart tags existing is a member in the IntelliPromptSessionTypes type. Is this going to happen?

If not, would you be able to suggest the best way to come up with a custom implementation? I was thinking about adding an adorner layer but wasn't sure if the VisualElement in an IAdornment would receive mouse input?

Thanks

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Matt,

Smart tags is something we'll finally probably look into this year.  The only thing is that we're not really fans of how they work in VS 2015.  Sometimes they show up by the caret, sometimes they are in the margins.  This is all for the same smart tag but it depends on where the mouse is.  It just seems sort of inconsistent.  Have you see any smart tag-like implementations in other IDEs you like better?

Adornments are probably the best way to add a button, etc. to a view.  They should get full pointer input.  The "Adornments 6 - Code Reviewing" QuickStart shows an example of a button in the view.  Although in that sample, the button is inline instead of being on top of text.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Matt Whitfield

Actually - I just really liked the way they appeared in the WinForms version of SE - the ability to place an icon next to the text it affects seems the right way to go to me. However, R# does the margin placement so perhaps it would be worth having it as something selectable by the user...

I will go with the adornments approach for now and see how I get on - thanks...

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.