Printing Capabilities - ToolWindow & Contents

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0545

Hi,

I have built a dashboard analysis application using Actipro - I currently have a main toolwindow containing many toolwindows (each a different wpf chart). The user can add new child toolwindows and move the toolwindows around inside the main toolwindow (all set to inner-fill).

What I would like to do is provide functionality that allows the user to be able to print the main toolwindow (and therefore all the contents). I understand there is simple code in VB to show a dialog to select a printer and print a designated toolwindow/object.

However, I am wondering if there is any additional functionality/commands in Actipro that allows me to do the following:

* Show a 'Print Preview'

* allow 'Fit To Page' where I do not have to resize the main toolwindow (i.e. it is the same image but resized and ratios kept the same)

* Ability to save as a pdf

I am using an older version of Actipro as it does what is required at the moment - however will be upgrading in the new year if printing features part of any new release that is currently available.

Thanks,

Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

We do have a ZoomContentControl in our Navigation product that may be of some use in this regard for viewing a screenshot you take.  But we don't have anything related to saving as a PDF.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.