Multiline as Tab Overflow behaviour

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Aristo - Senior Team Leader, Petrolink Services

Hi ActiPro

Is there any possibility to have multiline tab if length of tab overflows the available space with current Actipro version? If not is there any plan to include it in the future? In some cases, multiline tab is something desirable.

Comments (6)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, we don't really have any plans to add multiline tab text.  But you could probably do that yourself using features as demonstrated in the Docking Window Header QuickStart.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Aristo - Senior Team Leader, Petrolink Services

Thanks for the answer, but what I mean is not the tab text , rather the Tab Header itself.

It is similar to ordinary TabControl, which allows multiple line of Tab Headers. So outside than using Shrink , Scroll and/or Menu, the tab header would be added to new line.

Ah I see... I'll log your request.  You might be able to achieve that on your own if you swap in a custom panel that would support it in the parent container's template.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Rahu

Hi, we also have this as one the main requirement.

Could you please elaborate more on how can we customize TabOverflowBehavior to support multi-line/multi-row tab headers?

Hi Rahu,

If you mean for the TabbedMdiContainer control (tabbed MDI), you'd probably need to make an implicit Style for TabbedMdiContainer in your application's Resources and add a Setter for the ItemsPanel property with a value that is an ItemsPanelTemplate containing a custom Panel. 

The custom Panel would need to have your multi-line layout logic in it.  Our built-in default panel doesn't have multi-line support at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Rahu

Thanks.

It worked!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.