Selected assemblies to build the cache for IntelliPrompt

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Dylan
Version: 12.1.0304

Hi forum,

On the first time SyntaxEditor runs, it will build semantic files (used by IntelliPrompt) for all referenced assemblies and store them in the Cache folder of the executive assembly. There are a lot assembly files in my project and many of them I don't want to generate files on the Cache folder as they as useless for users and takes time to build initially.

What I want is to select only few needed DLL files to build their cache files, as they are actually declared by using in the code editor. So in the code editor, we just use “using” for namespaces of only selected assemblies, not the whole bunch of assemblies inside the project bin folder.

Thanks,

Dylan

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dylan,

You can load assemblies one by one, whichever you want.  Please see the "Project Resolver" topic in the .NET Languages Add-on's documentation as it talks about the methods you can use.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Dylan

Thank you for your reply. I got the answer, pretty simple:

Build all assemblies in the App Domain: dotNetProjectResolver.AddAllAssembliesInAppDomainAsExternalReferences();

Build a selected assembly: dotNetProjectResolver.AddExternalReferenceForSystemAssembly("System.Data");

Regards,

Dylan

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.