Floating ToolWindow Persistence

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Adam Rieger
Version: 13.1.0580
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've recently updated from 12.2.0570 to 13.1.0580 and ran into a few problems with loading a persisted layout of floating tool windows. First is that all the tool windows went to a 0,0 size and shows up as little blue squares. The squares can be resized but the tool window content does not show.

Second when starting fresh and deleting the docking layout file I can drag out to float one of the tool windows but when the preview shows, they are again blue little squares that are being dragged around, however when dropping the tool window not over a anchor the tool window is sized correctly. If you were to drop on an anchor, then drag to float again the preview works.

I opened the sample browser and ran the Layout Persistence QuickStart sample and it does exactly the same thing.

So has anyone else had this problem?

Comments (3)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Adam,

We haven't heard of those issues and we've had many customers on this version for a while already.  Can you tell us exactly how to repro it in our samples, step-by-step?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Adam Rieger

I figured out a fix which was to move the "serializer.LoadFromFile(layoutFile, MainDockSite);" from the main window ctor to it's Loaded event handler.

But to reproduce in the sample:

1) Open Actipro Software WPF Controls sample browser.

2) Click on Docking/MDI.

3) Click on "+38 more".

4) Click on "Persistence" under "Layout QuickStarts".

5) Click on "Run External Sample".

6) Drag "Solution Explorer" tool window to a floating state. Should look like this, http://d.pr/i/w0jU

7) Relaunch the sample and this is what I get: http://d.pr/i/uABp

In the sample, if you go to "File" and click "Load Layout" it loads fine.

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the repro steps, we'll update the sample to do the same.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.