RibbonWindow hides taskbar when auto hidden

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Steve V
Version: 13.1.0580

Hi. If you have your Windows taskbar set to autohide and you maxime your RibbonWindow application, the taskbar no longer detects when it should popup.

I saw this same question posted about 4 years ago and someone mentioned it was fixed but I don't see it working.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steve,

It was fixed in the past but when we restructured RibbonWindow again recently to use WindowChrome, that issue was introduced again.  Allowing custom chrome rendering (sometimes over non-client areas of windows) while still allowing glass support is a bit of a nightmare to implement due to bugs in the core Windows API.  While our reimplementation is much cleaner than before and solves some issues with the old RibbonWindow, it did introduce this issue.  We have put some time into it in the past but the normal workaround for this triggers black glass borders to display in certain circumstances.  So far we haven't been able to solve that.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steve,

I think we finally have a workaround in place and ready for the 2013.2 version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.