Ribbon out of the main window

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by peizhongSong
Version: 13.1.0582

if you minimum the ribbon, then move application to left (part of it out of the screen), then click one of the ribbon tab. the ribbon button panel will showing, but it will out of the main window.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

WPF pushes popups back on screen when they would be offscreen, which is what you see here.  It's not necessarily a bad thing in this case though because then you can still access all the tab content.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Ken Hanson

While it may not be a bad thing and not cause any real problem I have had reports that it's a bug from my customers simply becasue it looks odd and it does behave differently than Microsoft products that use a ribbon. 

If you feel you need to maintain this popup style positioning, could you also offer an option to drop it down alligned with the parent window.  Note that it appears that office products only get the window width remaining on the left most monitor the window is on.  This would be ok, I think it would make even more sense for the Ribbon dropdown to use the entire parent window width and span the monitors, this would be the most natural looking.

I tried this with 2013.2 0591.

Best Regards,

Ken

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ken,

All of the popups are displayed in XAML via bindings and we tell the Popup which bounds to display around and how big it should be.  Unfortunately WPF has behavior built-in to ensure that popups don't resize larger than the screen size and makes sure they remain on screen.  I'm not sure we have any control over that sort of thing.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.