Posted 11 years ago by Joao Fiuza
Version: 13.2.0590

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to freeze a tab. Meaning just like in a datagrid column, when you scroll the tabs headers it will always be there and never hide or reorder it. You also would not be able to close it or undock.

This would be perfect for home/start tabs. 

If possible, Can you please advise?

Cheers,

Joao

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Joao,

Yes you should be able to achieve something like that.  Our product allows you to set various capability flags globally (on DockSite) or on each docking window instance.  So properties like CanClose, CanDrag, etc. are on each docking window instance.  You could set those sorts of things to false on the one you want to "freeze".  Our "Docking Window Capabilities" documentation topic covers all the available options.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by Joao Fiuza

Hello,

Thanks, for the answer.

I've looked at the Docking window capabilites. It does not seem to offer the ability to always show the tab header even when you scroll the tabs headers(thus making it have a freezable behaviour), nor you can prevent the order to be changed on tabs(if you raft a window you can put it anywhere you want in the tab.

Can you please confirm that this is not possible, or that there is no "trick" to do it?

Many thanks,

Joao

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Joao,

That is true, there isn't a way right now to always ensure it shows, nor to ensure it remains at the start of the tab container.  I will log your suggestion.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.