Posted 10 years ago by Montasser Ben Ouhida - Lead Software Engineering, Integration Objects
Version: 13.1.0311
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Support,

This is kind reminder about the CPU high consumption issue with a long code, reported previously. Please let us know about the resolution status of this issue.

Kindly note that I provided several examples on how to reproduce this issue. It is becoming very critical for us since our customers are reporting the same issue continuously and we cannot afford not responding to them. Please provide us with a solution asap.

Steps to reproduce:

1- Create a winform containing a syntax editor with the C# syntax language,

2- Add code to initialize the DotNetProjectResolver

3- Set the Header document of the syntax editor with the following code:

for(int i =0; i < 10000000; i ++)  syntaxEditor1.Document.HeaderText += "Form objForm" + i + ";" + Environment.NewLine;

4- Start the application and wait until the form finish loading,

5- Now try to write any code, you will remark the CPU and time to show the IntelliPrompt;

Regards,

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, you don't mention anyting about the semantic parsing service.  If you don't have that properly initialized, or if you don't follow all the steps in the "Key Steps for Getting Started" portion of the .NET Languages Add-on's main documentation topic, you will definitely see major performance slowdowns since the parsing won't be offloaded to a worker thread.  Please follow the steps in that topic and let us know if that helps solve your problem.

If you do all the steps in that topic and it's still happening, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email that to our support address.  Reference this post and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.