How to set the owner of toolwindow with the other toolwindow.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 13.2.0592

Hi,

Suppose i have two toolwndows(toolwibndow1,toolwindow2) in my sample application.

Float the toolwindow1.

Float the toolwindow2.

Now toolwindow1 should be the parent or the owner of the toolwindow2 which means toolwindow2 should always be at the top oof toolwindow1. 

As we can easily implement in the wpf windows concept by setting the owner of the wpf window eith other wpf window.

Thanks

Keshav

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

Per your other post, floated docking windows end up inside of a "rafting window", which is a WPF Window.  You could override the DockSite.CreateRaftingWindow method and call its base method.  A Window object should be returned.  Change the owner of that to something else that you want, such as a previously created rafting Window.  Then return the Window to the caller.

That's the only place you could do this sort of thing.  But note that I don't recommend you have one tool window's rafting window owned by another.  Tool windows can be docked around into hierarchies while floating and those sorts of operations done by the end user may end up causing problems for you with this setup.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.