WPF ToolWindow loading HTML airspace issue

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Sara Buehrle - Staff Engineer, Watlow Electrical Manufacturing Company
Version: 13.2.0592

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.  I know that this is not a specific issue with the Actipro Docking/MDI functionality, but I thought maybe someone has run into this before and could offer some insight?  Or perhaps there is a property in the ToolWindow that may offer some help?  At least that is my hope.

We have a WPF application and are loading HTML help file in one of our ToolWindows.  When a popup from the WPF application 'pops up', it is sometimes covered (depends on size of screen, etc.) by the HTML file.  I have tired the HtmlToXamlConverter to no avail.  I have tried Z order which has no affect. 

Any help will be appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sara,

The airspace issue in WPF is such that any interop content (like HTML) will always render on top of WPF content in the same Window/Popup.  The only way to get WPF content on top of interop content is to use a separate Window or Popup.

We do have some settings in our Docking/MDI product that get our product at least to work around the airspace issues.  Please see the "Interoperability / WinForms Compatibility" topic in the Docking documentation.  That topic describes the properties you can set, which really work for all interop, not just WinForms.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.