Determining Toolwindow content ActualWidth in Windows 8

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 13.2.0590

Hi, I have built a dashboard analysis application using Actipro - I currently have a main toolwindow containing many toolwindows (each a different wpf chart). The user can add new child toolwindows and move the toolwindows around inside the main toolwindow (all set to inner-fill). Every toolwindow contains a docksite which nests other toolwindows/docksites.

Everything works fine in XP/Vista/Windows 7. However the following issue is occuring in Windows 8.....

I need to determine the Width of the toolwindow (or actually the toolwindow content) for display purposes within my application. In Windows XP/Vista/7 the correct width is obtained when either displaying the Toolwindow ActualWidth; the Toolwindow Content ActualWidth; or the DockSite ActualWidth which is contained inside the toolwindow. In these operating systems all the values are the same and correct. But in Windows 8 the values I am getting for all 3 is way off the mark (i.e. I am getting a value of 1327 instead of the expected value of 1920 for all 3). Do you have any ideas what could be causing this or if this is a known issue with Windows 8.

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Bret Naughton

Forgot to add that I have tested this on 4 different Windows 8 machines with the same results as specified above.

Thanks.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

We run Windows 8 (and have for a long time) and haven't noticed any issues with docking window sizes.  Although to be honest, we don't really monitor the ActualWidth properties.  If you would like us to look into it, please make a new very simple sample project that shows the issue and email that over to our support address.  Reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.