Calling Thread Exception while calliing Float() api in different ui thread in which toolwindow Exis

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 13.2.0592

Hi,

We have a requirement to open two windows in different UI threads.

Suppose,

X Wpf Window opens in Main thread

Y Wpf window opens in another thread

Now we have a tool window in both X window and Y window.

While we are trying to float the tool window programtaically in Y window using "toolWindow.Float()" we are getting following exception.When we tried to float the toolwindow in X window, it works fine with toolWindow.Float().Also the same error threading errors occurs when we double click on the Y Window toolWindow.

Please suggest any solution for this problem as this is becoming a Show Stopper issue for our application. Your help is highly appreciable. Waiting for your earliest response.

Thanks

Keshav

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm assuming you are using our linked DockSites feature based on your description here?  I would never recommend using multiple UI threads if you are intending to link DockSites and allow docking windows to move between the Windows in the various threads.  Honestly, it seems like that scenario will cause nothing but problems like this since controls are having to then move between threads as they dock around, which isn't really allowed. 

I'm not really sure what can be done here other than to not allow dockng windows to be shared between the main Windows, or not to use multiple UI threads (preferred).

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.