Auto hide popup ToolWindow overlaps a modal dialog when UseHostedAutoHidePopups=False

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Tim Solovyov
Version: 13.2.0592
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run Docking & MDI Features Demo (external)

2. Clear checkbox on View - Use Hosted Auto-Hide Popups

3. Activate Toolbox ToolWindow

4. Press Ctrl+O to show Open modal dialog

5. Click on Toolbox ToolWindow and observe it overlaps the Open modal dialog

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting this.  From some further testing, it appears to be a general issue with WPF since I can repro the same thing if I float a tool window and then open the Open dialog.  In that case I'm allowed to click on the floated tool window as well.  Both the floated tool window scenario and auto-hide flyouts (when non-hosted as in your example) are using modeless Windows that are "owned" by the root Window.  Thus this should be easily reproducable without using our controls at all.

I'm not sure there's really anything we can do since it's more core WPF related.  For your particular scenario, you might want to manually deactivate any open flyouts when you open dialogs, such as with this code:

dockSite.AutoHideHost.Deactivate(true);

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Tim Solovyov

Thanks for the workaround proposed.

By the way, there is no such an issue in case System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog used instead of Microsoft.Win32.OpenFileDialog

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.