Is there a way to automatically hide (and restore later) all open FloatingWindows?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Anargyros Tomaras
Version: 13.1.0580

Hello!

Is it possible to automatically hide all open FloatingWindows when for example the user switches back to the Backstage?

Also, is it maybe possible to replicate Word's 2013 behavior where all open float windows are hidden when the MainWindow gets deactivated by another
application not including any of the floating windows ?

Thanks for your time :)

Comments (5)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes, there is code such that if the DockSite gets unloaded, it will hide rafting windows until it becomes loaded again.  So if you change the Visibility of the DockSite, that should do the trick. 

There isn't a programmatic way to manually invoke hiding the rafting windows though.

Actipro Software Support

Sounds good. Thanks!

When i change the visibility of DockSite to Hidden the rafting windows do hide but when i revert its visibility back to Visible the rafting windows remain hidden. How can i get all floating windows to reappear at their position? This behavior is similar to Word2013.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, we show/hide the rafting windows in response to the DockSite.OnPropertyChanged method getting a notification of the IsVisible property value changing.  We haven't seen any problems with this setup in the past for when the DockSite his hidden and then shown again.  Perhaps something in your code isn't allowing the IsVisible property to get updated again back to true?

If you can't figure it out then please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email it to our support address.  Be sure to reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we'll debug it and have a look.

Actipro Software Support

It works just fine. It was my custom logic that was interfering.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.