Posted 10 years ago by Tom P.
Version: 14.1.0601

We were looking at files in WPF-14.1.0601.Studio-Styles.zip today. We noticed the following comment in 

MetroDark.g.xaml

<!--
This file was generated by the Actipro Theme Manager tool (http://www.actiprosoftware.com).
-->

We are curious if this Actipro Theme Manager tool is available for use by developers. I'm assuming this is not the Theme Manager API, but perhaps a stand alone tool you to create themes?

Comments (7)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tom,

We do have an internal tool named Theme Manager that we use to design the themes but unfortunately it's only an internal tool and not open-ended for customer usage.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Anargyros Tomaras

Would it be possible if you could provide us with the original XAML file where i assume all colors are not hard-coded but instead reference some resource key? We want to create our own theme and we want to use an existing theme as starting point but we want to avoid having to manually extract color resource keys for all identical colors used.

Posted 10 years ago by Tom P.

I believe what you are looking for is in the WPF-14.1.0601.Studio-Styles.zip which I mentioned at the top. You can download the default styles templates from your Organization Account page:

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/support/account/organization/xxxx

replace xxxx with your Account ID.

Hello,

All the XAML files used for the themes are included in the files like Shared\Themes\Includes\Assets\AeroNormalColor.g.xaml, which you have access to since your company has WPF Studio.  As Tom mentioned, you can download the default styles/templates from your account and look for files like that.  The similar XAML files for Metro and Office themes are in their respective product folders.

Our internal Theme Manager tool uses a different source file format to code generate those XAML files, but it itself is not compatible with XAML.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Anargyros Tomaras

I can indeed find all theme xaml files but all color values are hard-coded. I assumed that since these are generated files then they must start off from xaml files with all color values being filled by StaticResource keys but are replaced by the generator with the actual values.

It seems much easier for someone trying to create a new theme to be able to just change multiple Color Resources at the top of the file that are referenced throughout the rest of the huge theme XAML file. Else we need to manually do this process i.e see a hex color -> extract color resource key -> do search and replace for same hex color to point to resource key

[Modified 10 years ago]

Sorry but our original source file has each color individually manually set.  Keep in mind that our theme setup is already sort of how you are thinking anyhow since we have general resources for container backgrounds, button borders, etc.  Numerous controls throughout our products reuse those resources.  For instance, native TextBox controls and our Editors and SyntaxEditor all use the same Edit* resources.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Andreas Spernol - Director of Software Development, Osram GmbH

Please be so kind to open the Theme Editor to your cutomers, even it maybe not perfect - or whatever the reason is for not publishing it.

We really need it!

Thanks,

Henrik

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.