Odd scaling issue in micro charts w/bar series

Micro Charts for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by GaryM
Version: 14.1.0602
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am seeing a strange scaling issue with micro bar charts where the chart will re-size/scale appropriately when the window changes size, but only up to (apparently) a certain ratio, then it will display a large empty space in the chart until it hits the next ratio, at which point it snaps and the chart looks correct again.  This repeats as the window continues to expand horizontally.  Line series do not seem to display this issue.

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gary,

For things like this that would require us to debug the issue, can you make a new simple sample project that shows the problem and email it to our support address with repro instructions?  Be sure to reference this post and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gary,

I saw the video you sent and I think what you see is that with micro charts we do our best to ensure everything is crisp and clear.  To accomplish that, we align the bars on pixel bounds.  Otherwise if we didn't do that, everything looks anti-aliased and blurry.  Keeping that in mind, as you increase the width, it can't increase the size of each bar until the width increases by the number of bars that are visible.  By doing that, the bars remain crisply rendered and at the same size.  It would look wrong if the bars in micro charts rendered at different widths (some wider than others), so we don't do that when there is a small amount of extra space.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.