Problem with multiple delimiters being inserted

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Michael Collins
Version: 14.1.0601

We're using the WPF Syntax Editor control version 2014.1.601 in production in our product. We're using C# with the .NET language add-on.

A number of our users have reported extra delimiters being inserted while typing. I've seen this myself, but it's been hard for me to reproduce reliably.

For example, if I type in "System.TimeSpan.FromSeconds(", SyntaxEditor may insert multiple parentheses so that my text looks like this: System.TimeSpan.FromSeconds((()). This seems to happen both with parentheses and curly braces around blocks (if {{{ ... }}).

This is quite annoying when it happens. I saw it happen frequently in the 2013.2 release, but 2014.1 seemed much better.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to troubleshoot or fix the issue?

Thank you.

Michael Collins

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

Hmmm, I'm not sure what would cause that since it should only insert an end delimiter when it sees that a start delimiter was typed.  Can you first try with the latest build 602 and see if you can repro it in that?  There have been a lot of changes in various areas for 602 so perhaps it would make a difference.  If you do see it, see if a single Ctrl+Z undo removes all of the inserted delimiters.  Also, see if you are able to narrow down the scenario to more easily reproduce it, since we'd probably need to have a repro scenario to debug with and fix it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.