Order of CurrentLine highlight

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Timo Emondts
Version: 14.1.0602

For highlighting the current line, we have a solid gray background. This background is overlaying other highlights, in our case namely the breakpoint highlighter.

Thus, I'm trying to move the highlight for the current line behind the breakpoint indicator.

It seems to me that the current line itself isn't an IOrderable.

I've noticed that the current line also overlays other taggers like CurrentWord. I tried this with your examples for IndicatorsDebugging and AdornmentsHighlightWord by setting the IsCurrentLineHighlightingEnabled property to true (and of course registering a different style).

Interestingly, our own implementation of a CurrentWord highlighter is in front of the current line, but I can't make out a difference. The ordering, at least, is the same for any of these highlighters.

Do you have any ideas how to move the breakpoint highlighter further back?

Thanks

--Timo

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Timo,

If you check out the "Adornment Layers" topic in the documentation, it has a nice chart showing the order of built-in layers.  Text backgrounds (such as from styles/indicators) are the last item.  We like seeing a slight overlay of the current line highlight over the core text background so that you can detect where it is when there is a text background.  That is why things are ordered that way and we have our current line highlight ("Highlight" layer) use a semi-transparent color (roughly 20% opacity).  If your own highighter is showing up on top then perhaps you have it layered above the "Highlight" layer.  Unfortunately you can't alter the layer order for the current line highlight since it's built-in.  You would need to ensure your highlight bg is semi-transparent as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.