i dont get it - Spider Writer support

Actipro Software Web Site Forum

Posted 17 years ago by jeff sabarese
hi there. i've had Spider Writer 5.2 installed on my system for a while, but i've only used it a handful of times-- so i've got several Evaluation uses left, but i don't understand why there's nothing conspicuously mentioned about the software anywhere here in the forum. am i at the "wrong" place?

regardless-- perhaps you can help me. all i'm want to know is whether it is possible to disable the "temp file" preview for the "web view" when developing in Spider Writer. it's no big deal, but if it's possible, i'd prefer that Spider Writer NOT create the ~filename.php files. instead, i'd rather edit and preview (and save) MyFileName.php -- i'm okay w/ a .bak file being created, but otherwise i find it confusing. (why confusing? i don't know really...)

thanks! i look forward to a reply-- if anything to tell me which is the proper forum for discussing Spider Writer.

thank you!
j.s.

[Modified at 04/16/2007 04:13 PM]

Comments (1)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jeff,

You can find the Spider Writer forums if you go to spiderwriter.com and click support forums on the left menu. However we are no longer actively developing/supporting Spider Writer in lieu of working on our .NET control products, so we have removed Spider Writer related links from our main site's menus.

As for the temp file I think that was done with the extension so that IE would know how to process the file. It knows how to process .html files but not .bak files for instance. Unfortunately the name can't be changed. Sorry.

Actipro Software Support

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.