How to add find all, prev find on EditorSearchView?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by LeeYongWoo
Version: 14.2.0610

Hello,

I see  'SearchOperationType:FindAll', 'IEditorSearchOptions:SearchUp' on document.

But I don't know how can I enable this function or button.

When I make the control inherit the  editorSearchView, Can I add button on new control?

Comments (4)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't currently support a Find All button on that control.  You could clone the default style for EditorSearchView and add a Find All button to its template though, and then in response to the button click, use our find all features in the lower level search object model to locate results.

We are considering adding a built-in Find All feature.  What would you like to see that do if we added it as an option?

As for Search Up, there is an option in the "Find options" expander for that already.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by LeeYongWoo

Thank you for your answer.

I mentioned 'Search up button', it means 'Find Prev' button.

I prefer 'find prev' button to 'search up' option.

I wish  'Find all' has search scope option. example current document, all open document.

But searchview has binding just one syntax editor.

so, I don't have any idea about option.

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

You would have to retemplate the control to add a Find Previous button and alter that and the normal Find Next button to toggle the SearchUp option appropriately before continuing.

For search scopes, you would also need to provide your own template and alter what the buttons do if your custom scope options are selected.

For a built-in find all, are you looking for highlights to be auto-added in the active editor control?

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that an optional Find All button has been added to EditorSearchView. Please see this blog post for details:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2015/04/10/SyntaxEditor-Find-All-Using-EditorSearchView

[Modified 9 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.