Posted 10 years ago by Jacob Bearce
Version: 2.4.15

I've got a few issues I'd like to report with scrolling:

First, as you scroll down a file with long lines of code, the bottom scrollbar will change sizes. It'd be great if this could always stay the maximum size for the file.

Sometimes scrolling horizontally gets stuck with about 10 pixels to spare on the left, making it impossible to see the first bit of text on a line

Holding down ctrl and using the scroll wheel should scroll the application horizontally.

As an option, it'd be nice to have a "soft limit" to the bottom of a page. I (and others) prefer to look in the middle of my screen while coding, and it  can get annoying having to look down at the bottom to wrap up a document. It'd be great if you could continue scorlling until the last line of code appears as the first line in the scroll view.

One last tidbit, not scrolling related... In Windows 10, it's difficult to open your tab menu. There should be a way to easy toggle this, maybe a key combo or maybe even an option to always show tabs on the screen, similar to touch IE.

Comments (3)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jacob,

1) Are you talking about the vertical or horizontal scrollbar here and could you clarify exactly what you mean when you say something is changing sizes?  Do you have word wrap enabled?

2) I'm not quite sure what you mean regarding the horizontal scrollbar getting stuck.  Can you give some detail on how to repro it?

3/4) Thanks for the suggestions.

5) Do you mean the app bars while in the edit screen?  You can click anywhere in the status bar (with ellipses) to open it.  Also the Windows+Z key combination opens the app bars.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Jacob Bearce

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, completely forgot about this.

1. The horizontal scroll bar. It usually appears to have a ton of horizontal scroll space until I click on it, at which point it snaps to indicate the correct scroll space. This also changes as I scroll down each page. I suspect it's determining how much scroll space there is based off of the currently visible area rather than the entire document.

2. I ahven't seen this in quite a while, and I'm not sure how to reproduct it. Essentially sometimes while scroll horizontally back to left side of a document, it doesn't scroll all the way unless you hit the "Home" key on your keyboard or something along those lines. Again, I havne't seen this one in a while, so sorry I can't be more specific.

3/4. No problem, hope to see this implemented soon :)

5. Ah, thanks, I didn't know about Windows Key + Z. Works perfectly.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jacob,

For #1, yes that is by design.  All the lines in the editor are virtualized for better performance (it's very "expensive" to measure text in WinRT) so we can only calculate the max based on what is currently visible.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.