How to hide ContextualTabGroup's 'contextual adornment' while keeping the tabs visible

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Andrew Hanlon
Version: 14.2.0610

Is it possible to hide a ContextualTabGroup's 'adornment' (ie. the colored tab header) while keeping the Tabs themselves visible?

The scenario I have is wanting to have tabs always accessible but 'highlighted contextually' when interracting with certain views.

Thank you.

Comments (2)

Posted 9 years ago by Andrew Hanlon

I think I can answer my own question: Setting the ContextualTabGroup's Visibility to Hidden seems to work just fine. Setting it to collapsed seems to affect the offset of other contextual groups, but hidden works nicely. Please do let me know if there is a better way to achieve this. Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

You might be able to remove the tab from the ContextualTabGroup and add it to the Ribbon.Tabs directly.  That would allow you to show tabs without the ContextualTabGroup header.  However in that case you couldn't toggle the ContextualTabGroup header back in without removing the tabs from the Ribbon.Tabs, adding them back to the ContextualTabGroup and activating it again.  It seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

If the Visibility=Hidden trick is working for you then I would suggest going that route since there aren't any other properties that would do the behavior you are looking for.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.