Intellisense and parameter info windows overlap

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Simon Sprott
Version: 14.2.0610

Hi

I've implemented ParameterInfoSession & CompletionSession and they both work as expected, however when they are both displayed at the same time they apear over each other. I've done some digging but don't seem to be able to correct this.

I can get hold of the open sessions via

var exisitngParamSession = view.SyntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.Sessions[IntelliPromptSessionTypes.ParameterInfo];

I can even call Reposition on them (which seemed promising), but did nothing.

They all have a Bounds property which again looked promising and would allow me to manually nudge them about but this is readonly only and Rect is imutable.

Ideally I'd like to mirror visual studios behaviour and have the param info with the intellisense under it,

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Simon

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Simon,

They shouldn't be appearing over each other.  The completion sessions will specifically avoid parameter info sessions that are open.  For instance if I open our main SDI Editor, and type an identifier that is for method, then do '(' to show the parameter info, and Ctrl+Space while that is open to show the completion list, nothing overlaps.

Are you able to repro the bad scenario in our SDI Editor demo?  If so, how?

If you end up calling view.SyntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.RepositionAll() then that should run the same sort of repositioning code.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.