IntelliPrompt background with dark theme

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Erel Uziel
Version: 14.2.0611

Is it possible to automatically change the tooltips background based on the selected theme?

Currently they don't look good with a dark theme as the html highlighting (which is based on the language theme) is built for a dark background.

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erel,

When I look at the quick info for our language add-ons, they show up ok because tooltips in our dark theme actually have a light background and we are using dark colors for the quick info (so they render well).  Are you seeing this problem in our pre-built add-ons or do you mean you are seeing it in your own custom language's quick info?  If the latter, I would recommend you use dark variations of colors (that roughly correspond to the light colors used in your editor) for your text foreground so it shows up properly on the tooltip's light background.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Erel Uziel

I'm seeing it in my code as I'm using HtmlExporter to create the description (with syntax highlighting).

I was able to solve it with a small modification to the source code.

I've made a short preview video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZMK0-Dsj8

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Erel,

If you configure a SyntaxEditor.PrintSettings.HighlightingStyleRegistry (which is an alternate registry that gets used during printing since printouts are always light backgrounds and the editor's background might be dark), that same registry gets used when you copy text in HTML or RTF format to the clipboard.

The TextExporterFactory class has an overload that takes a registry instance.  If not specified, the ambient one (which could be designed for a dark background) is used.  I'd recommend that you always have a light registry set up in the SyntaxEditor.PrintSettings.HighlightingStyleRegistry and use that for your export as well.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.