Docking floating DocumentWindow

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Iskandar Prins
Version: 15.1.0621

Hi

Im trying to recreate the visual studio 2012 experience. VS2012 has the ability to dock their floating document windows. However I can't seem to be able to do this using the actipro documentwindow.

How can I do this?

Regards,

Iskandar

Comments (8)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Iskandar,

Our Docking/MDI product can float and then drag to dock documents back into the MDI area.  Could you provide more specific details on what exact functionality you are looking for, since it may be something we're working on if it's not already in the product?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

See here what I'm trying to achieve

Top image is before docking and bottom image is docked.

http://imgur.com/a/cQmec

Regards,

Thanks for the image.  Right now our Docking/MDI product only supports what you see in the top image where there is a single document per rafting container.  That being said, we are currently working on a very major update for Docking/MDI that will allow the bottom scenario as well.  We expect that to be ready for beta testing in the next several months.  Please keep an eye on our blog for details.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago by Rodrigo Contegni - Austin, TX

Hello,

I was wondering if as part of the major docking update, it will be possible to dock document windows by dragging them to the tabs region of the docksite as well as dragging them to the docking guides in the container (currently, the only option).

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Rodrigo Contegni

Hi Rodrigo,

So basically if you are dragging a document over the tabs area of another tabbed MDI container, you'd like to have that provide the same dock preview functionality as dragging over the "center" (or attach) dock guide?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Rodrigo Contegni - Austin, TX

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

That's correct.

http://imgur.com/a/0gxs4

In the first image I drag the floating document to the center dock guide.

In the second image I drag the floating document to the tabs area and the preview functionality is also activated.

Regards,

Rodrigo Contegni

Hi Rodrigo,

We haven't yet started updates on tabbed MDI for vNext, but we did add this feature when dragging over tool window container tabs in our newer dock guide logic.  We will make sure similar logic is added to tabbed MDI too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.