Questions about "multiple font support" and "XAML styles"

SyntaxEditor for Universal Windows Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Andreas Linnert
Version: 15.1.0160

Hello,

I'm interested in trying the SyntaxEditor. But I'd like to know a few things beforehand.

In the feature summary there's an item called "multiple font support". Does that mean multiple fonts in one editor? For example set a different font size and/or face for a particular token. Is this possible?

Another item says "Fully compatible with XAML styles". Does this enable me to move particular tokens on the screen via a translate transform for instance?

Plus: Is there anything already I should know when using SyntaxEditor in a Windows 10 App? Or is this too new yet to say anything about it?

Regards and thanks
Andreas

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your interest in SyntaxEditor.  Let me answer your questions.

1) Yes, you can optionally give each IHighlightingStyle its own FontFamilyName or FontSize setting and that should allow different fonts/sizes in the editor for tokens that get that style used.  We don't generally recommend it other than specialized scenarios since a single font face and size tends to be easier to use for end users.

2) The XAML styles there refers more to being able to customize UI elements, such as the SyntaxEditor control, its views, IntelliPrompt popup frames, etc.

3) I'm not sure that the Windows 8.1 extension SDK will be usable in a UWP project just yet.  We will be making available a native UWP extension SDK closer to Windows 10 release.  But you should be able to use the current extension SDK in any app that targets Windows 8.1 or later.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Andreas Linnert

Hi,

1) Yes, my idea is a pretty special use case indeed. I'm planning to develop a kind of/half WYSIWYG Markdown editor. I want to use a bigger and maybe different font for headlines etc. (depending on user settings I guess) and a fixed width font for code segments for instance.

2) What I'm exactly trying to achieve is moving characters like #, -, + and * to the left, like IA Writer on OSX does. I just can't believe that no Windows software with that feature exists. ;) But maybe I'll find another idea to achieve the same look if it doesn't work that way.

3) Okay... then I think I'll wait and finish the rest of my project first.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The latest build of this product (v22.1 build 0365) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.