Can use WPF Grammar source code in Windows forms ?

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Roger
Version: 14.1.0322

I am a user for Actipro WPF.
Is there a way to use the source code of a implemented Grammar class for Actipro WPF in Actipro Winforms, or convert it for Actipro Winforms?
It does not exist the ActiproSoftware.Text.Parsing.LLParser Namespace in Actipro Winforms.
Do I have to create Ast tag blocks for Actipro Winforms?

Comments (1)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Roger,

The LL(*) Parsing Framework from the WPF version is newer than the WinForms SyntaxEditor API, so it isn't really compatible wth the WinForms SyntaxEditor.  We would ideally like to backport the newer, better WPF version's API to the WinForms version so that we can get WinForms on par with the other three platforms SyntaxEditor is on in terms of capabilities. 

The LL(*) Parsing Framework heavily relies on the classes defined in the Text assembly.  Even if you did execute the WPF versions parser from WinForms, the resulting parse data would contain an AST that isn't compatible with the WinForms AST.  You'd then need to recurse through the tree and create a compatible copy.  All in all, I'm not sure it's worth the effort to do this right now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.