ClassifyToken is only called for the lines being changed

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by James Zheng
Version: 15.1.0623

Hi Actipro,

I'm debugging through my program for the possible cause of syntax hightlighting not being shown as intended. I found that only tokens in the edited lines are called to update their syntax hightlighting, but not the rest. In my case, I need to update the rest as well.

Is there a way to do that? In another scenario, is there a way to update syntax hightlighting without change text?

Thanks and Regards,

James Zheng

Comments (8)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi James,

This sounds like a bug that we recently fixed for the upcoming maintenance release, I think one that you posted about here:

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/23228/multi-line-comment-doesnt-work#111291

Actipro Software Support

Yes. It looks simliar. But this one is about the syntax highlighting other than comments. When will be the new release coming? :)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi James,

It came out this morning.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks!

Hi Actipro,

Thanks for the new release. We went through a few verifications of the issues reported. Most of them are resolved. However, this issue doesn't seem to be fixed.

eg.

A = 10

B = 20;

In the example above, the syntax highlighting of 'B' depends on the grammar correctness of the previous line. There is a missing ';' in the previous line, so the 'B' appears in black. If we put back the ';' in the previous line, the 'B' should change to correct syntax highting.

This is not happening. We did some debug and found that all the tokens are parsed, but not all are called by the ClassifyToken.

Thanks and Regards,

James Zheng

Hi James,

If you'd like us to look into this to determine if it is a bug, please make a new sample project that has as little code as possible to repro this scenario.  Then email that to our support address in a renamed .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  In your email, reference this thread and include the steps needed to repro the issue.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi Actipro,

What I want is to make sure that all token are called for ClasifyToken.  Another question if it's possible to create a parse request without changing the text? This is needed in our project.

I'm writing a seperate Email to you.

Thanks and Regards,

James Zheng

Hi James,

Thanks we will look at your sample project and reply to your related support ticket.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.