Posted 8 years ago by Jim Metzger
Version: 2.4.15

Good Day!

I've been using Code Writer for over a year, in particular for perl, JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. I have no problem with the overall color schema - I have always preferred "white on black" editing. In writing perl, especially when extreme nesting is done, the vertical bar that shows the nesting is (1) very dim on the darker themes and (2) invisible on the white theme. Is there a configuration patch/workaround to adjust colors, most importantly this one?

Thanks!

Jim

Comments (3)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

Do you mean the indentation guides (enabled in the settings via the "Editor / Identation guides visible" option?  There isn't a way to alter colors but perhaps we can tweak things for the next version if that is what you mean.  Let us know, thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Jim Metzger

That is exactly what I was referring to! The ability to change that color (and others) would be perfect, but the best tweak for the guides would be to brighten them for the dark themes and darken them for the light themes.

Another question: can we currently create new themes? I prefer the dark ones, but to be able to be creative would be great. Perhaps even share them through the forum.

By the way, I understand that free software ranks lower than your paid products. I do very little work in the Windows environment, so your other products really have no use to me. But this editor is super! Fills in a very big void of Windows 8/10 editors. Thanks for providing it.

Thanks!

Jim

[Modified 8 years ago]

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

Thanks, we'll mark down to improve the indentation guides for the next version.

You can't currently create new themes.  That is an interesting thought though and we will mark it down.

Sorry we haven't had an update to the app in a bit.  We need to get past our major new versions of our commercial products and then hope to do a UI update to get CW working better for Windows 10.  Ideally we could open source the app sometime in the future too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.