Posted 8 years ago by Eric P
Version: 15.1.0624

Before I create my own, I was wondering if Actipro has the ability to add a "glyph" to a control like a TextBox? I would like to create a TextBox similar to the Search TextBox at the top of Firefox or a better example would be the Search TextBox found in the upper right of the Windows Explorer (file explorer). It shows a magnifying glass icon to indicate a search or filter operation. At first I thought I could do it with the HintProperties.HintTemplate but that will only show when the TextBox.Text is empty. Since Actipro has tons of little goodies I wanted to make sure it did not exists before I created my own.

Thanks,

-eric

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Eric P

So this is more complicated that I described above. Here is the original post we used to build the SearchTextBox (https://davidowens.wordpress.com/2009/02/18/wpf-search-text-box/). Does Actipro have something like this or can it be built using the Part Editors?

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Eric,

It is possible to make a custom part edit box.  Our QuickStarts show a sample SSN one.  Our pre-built GuidEditBox includes a button at the end of it, which is probably similar to what you are trying to accomplish.

Still, making a custom part edit box might end up being more difficult than just retemplating TextBox to add your button.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.