ZoomContentControl updating CenterPoint "beyond bounds"

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Justin Klein
Version: 15.1.0624
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a ZoomContentControl with its CenterPoint two-way bound to a property in my ViewModel:

<navigation:ZoomContentControl CenterPoint="{Binding CenterPoint, Mode=TwoWay} IsVirtualSpaceEnabled="True"">

When dragging the view, this CenterPoint property gets updated - even if the view is not actually moving (due to it having reached the 'edge' of the virtual space, for instance).  The values seem to indicate dragging "past" when the view actually stops moving; if you then release the mouse & begin dragging again, the numbers "jump" back to where they should've remained previously.

Here's a video to show this behavior: http://screencast.com/t/K80LC8M8JVJh

As you can see, once I get to the top left of the virtual space, the view stops moving (the visible centerpoint stops changing), yet the values keep increasing (the printouts are coming from the ViewModel's property setter).  I then let go & begin dragging again - and the values jump back to where they were.

The behavior is the same with & without VirtualSpace enabled.

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Justin,

This sounds like the same problem that is mentioned here:

https://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/23284/zoomcontentcontrol-not-updating-centerpoint-a

When a property is coerced like CenterPoint is in this case, bindings on that property don't seem to get updated.  For the 2016.1 version, we have added a new CenterPointResolved property that will be the result of the coersion.  That is what you'd want to bind to.  We hope to have the new version out soon since it's in final testing now.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Justin Klein

Alrighty, I guess I'll just keep hanging tight for the next version then.  I was just hoping there's some quick interim fix (like the previous issue you mentioned, which was interim-fixed by just enabling virtual space).

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.