This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren
Version: 16.1.0631
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using the latest 631 code we have a Docksite. Each document within that Docksite we call a Page. Each page has an inner docksite. If I create a few pages and then in the first page I create a new document, then I drag that document to another page everything is fine and the document appears on the other page. However if, when dragging the document I accidentally drag it outside of the parent Docksite, say over our toolbar or menu I get the following error:

---------------------------
The error was : This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource.
OK

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Comments (4)

A bit more detail...

*** EXCEPTION ***

System.InvalidOperationException: This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource.
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.PointFromScreen(Point point)
at #g7i.#I9i.#y8i(Point #bVe)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Logic.WindowDragProcessorBase.#cNi(Point #bVe)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.NotifyWindowDragMove(Point location)
at #g7i.#B9i.#d8i(Object #xhb, EventArgs #yhb)
at System.Windows.Window.OnLocationChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.WmMoveChangedHelper()
at System.Windows.Window.WmMoveChanged()
at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Tue Apr 05 2016 19:41:11.7716 [TRACE] TID: 9 Showing exception dialog: This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource.

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gareth,

Could you put together a new simple sample project that shows this happening and email that to our support address?  Please reference this thread in your email and rename the .zip file extension of what you send so that it doesn't get spam blocked.  We'll debug the sample project to see what's going on.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Sure, I will get something across as soon as I can...

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Gareth Parris - Software Developer, McLaren

As an update to this issue, this has now been addressed by Actipro and will be available in the next release.

[Modified 8 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.